Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"life is either a daring adventure..or nothing."

after a lovely stay with Katie in Lyon, we headed back to London on Sunday morning where we spent the entire day wandering around yet again. I must say, Kristen and I have pretty much mastered the whole "tube" system :) Once we arrived in the city we went to Kings Cross Station where Harry Potter and all the other wizards go to head off to Hogwarts. The only reason I knew it "actually" existed was from a picture on a postcard that I bought. When we were looking for it a worker told us, "Go back around, turn left, and then left again" before we had even spoken a word to her. Then she continued to say, "I know exactly what you're looking for, go back and turn left and left." Sure enough, we found it! After that we went to Westminster Cathedral (not to be confused with the abbey). The cathedral has a tower that you can go up and see the city scape. It was bright and sunny so I was super excited to do this. The views were amazing! And it's by far cheaper than going to the London Eye. We then did some shopping and made our way to Harrods. Let me just say that this department store is out of control. If I had the money to spend, this store would be the place to blow it all. It's more like a mall than a store. Anything imagined is sold there- from clothing to sporting goods to antiques to furniture to pets to makeup & perfume to shoes to cutlery... seriously everything is sold here. It's unbelievable. And the security made us wear our beyond heavy backpacks in front of us so as not to knock anything over. We looked pregnant! But needless to say, the 5 floors would take hours for someone to go through. It's huge! Afterwards, we made our way to the train station and got aboard 2 minutes before it left- just in the nick of time! After this eventful 5-day excursion I was ready to catch up on some sleep and ease my aching back.

but now it's back to reality where the schoolwork settles in. Kristen and I had our first genetics lab yesterday- we were there for 4.5 hours! It went by pretty fast, but it's much more independent and "professional" than at HPU. All of the students wear lab coats and gloves!

as for today, we went downtown early this afternoon to do some grocery shopping. we were happy to find a market going on! we sure did stock up on food since we were basically out of everything. when we came home I spent the entire rest of the day trying to figure out a trip for spring break. it's in the works so I'm crossing my fingers that everything works out!

Xxx   --> the cooler thing to write over here in Europe. I'm not sure why they leave out the o's??

No comments:

Post a Comment